American University of Calgary (UCalgary) - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
The University of Calgary, often referred to as UCalgary, is a public research university located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
We’ve been ranked amongst the world’s top universities and we’ve done it by pushing our limits, challenging ourselves to do better, and seeking knowledge – wherever that journey takes us.
Here are some key points about the University of Calgary:
1. History and Reputation: The University of Calgary was founded in 1966 as a decoupling from the University of Alberta. It has since grown into one of Canada’s top research-intensive universities. UCalgary is consistently ranked among the top universities in Canada and is known for its innovative research and strong academic programs.
2. Campus: The university’s main campus spans over 200 hectares, offering a mix of modern facilities, green spaces, and recreational areas. The campus is located in the city’s northwest quadrant and offers amenities such as the Taylor Family Digital Library, Olympic Oval, and numerous student residences.
3. Faculties and Programs: The University of Calgary offers a wide variety of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs across 14 faculties. These include faculties of Arts, Science, Engineering, Business, Law, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Nursing, Social Work, Education, and more.
4. Research: UCalgary is a research-intensive university, emphasizing cutting-edge research across various disciplines. The university has research centers and institutes dedicated to areas such as energy and environment, health and wellness, science and technology, social sciences, and creative arts.
5. Student Life: The University of Calgary offers a vibrant student community with numerous clubs, organizations, and events. Students can participate in academic societies, athletic teams, cultural groups, and leadership programs. The campus also hosts various events throughout the year to foster a sense of community and engagement.
6. Experiential Learning: UCalgary emphasizes experiential learning opportunities to complement classroom education. Students can engage in co-op programs, internships, research projects, community service learning, and study abroad programs to gain practical skills and cultural experiences.
7. Sports and Athletics: UCalgary has a strong focus on sports and offers a wide range of athletic programs. The university competes in the Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) and fields teams in various sports, including basketball, ice hockey, soccer, volleyball, and more. The Olympic Oval on campus is a renowned facility for speed skating.
8. Entrepreneurship and Innovation: UCalgary actively supports entrepreneurship and innovation among its students and researchers. It has programs and initiatives dedicated to promoting startups, commercializing research, and fostering an entrepreneurial mindset.
The University of Calgary is a respected institution that offers a diverse range of academic programs, research opportunities, and a vibrant student life. It strives to provide a nurturing environment that fosters creativity, critical thinking, and personal growth.
Address: 2500 University Drive N.W., Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2N 1N4