American Texas Tech University (TTU) - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
Texas Tech University, commonly known as Texas Tech or TTU, is a public research university located in Lubbock, Texas, United States. It was established in 1923 and is the flagship institution of the Texas Tech University System.
Committed to teaching and the advancement of knowledge, Texas Tech University, a comprehensive public research university, provides the highest standards of excellence in higher education, fosters intellectual and personal development, and stimulates meaningful research and service to humankind. Explore your passions while building a strong foundation for your future. Choose from over 150 degree programs and kickoff your career at Texas Tech.
Texas Tech University was established on February 10, 1923, and called Texas Technological College until 1969, it is the flagship institution of the five-institution Texas Tech University System.
Here’s some information about the university:
- Programs and Academics: Texas Tech offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs across various disciplines. It has 12 colleges, including the Rawls College of Business, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Engineering, College of Education, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, and more. The university offers over 150 undergraduate, 100 master’s, and 50 doctoral programs.
- Campus: The main campus of Texas Tech spans across 1,839 acres in Lubbock. It features a mix of modern and traditional buildings, including state-of-the-art research labs, classrooms, libraries, student centers, and sports facilities.
- Research and Innovation: Texas Tech is recognized as a Carnegie Tier One research institution. The university is involved in various research initiatives, including infectious diseases, wind energy, water resources, nanotechnology, agriculture, and more. It operates numerous research centers and institutes to support faculty and student research endeavors.
- Athletics: Texas Tech’s athletic teams, known as the Red Raiders, participate in the NCAA Division I Big 12 Conference. The university has successful programs in football, basketball, baseball, and other sports. The football team plays at Jones AT&T Stadium, and basketball games are held at United Supermarkets Arena.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Texas Tech University embraces diversity and inclusion as core values. They strive to create an environment where all individuals feel welcome, respected, and valued. The university offers various programs and initiatives to promote diversity, cultural understanding, and inclusion among students, faculty, and staff.
- Student Life: Texas Tech provides a vibrant and active student life with numerous student organizations, clubs, and social activities. There are various events and programs throughout the year, including cultural festivals, concerts, sporting events, and community service opportunities. The university also offers housing options, dining facilities, and recreational facilities to support student life.
- Notable Alumni: Texas Tech has a notable alumni network, with graduates excelling in various fields. Some notable alumni include former U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, former NFL player Wes Welker, country music artist Pat Green, astronaut Rick Husband, and many successful business leaders, politicians, artists, and athletes.
Overall, Texas Tech University is known for its academic programs, research contributions, commitment to diversity, and active student life. It provides a welcoming and supportive environment for students to learn, grow, and succeed.
Address: 2500 Broadway, Lubbock, TX 79409, USA
Phone: 1 806-742-2011