Asian Peking University - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
Peking University is a comprehensive and national key university in China. The campus, known as “Yan Yuan”（the garden of Yan, is situated at Haidian District in the western suburb of Beijing, with a total area of 274 hectares. It stands near to the Yuanmingyuan Garden and the Summer Palace.
Peking University is proud of its outstanding faculty, including 48 members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), 9 members of the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), and 21 members of the Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS).
The university has effectively combined research on important scientific subjects with the training of personnel with a high level of specialized knowledge and professional skill as demanded by the country’s socialist modernization. Peking University has become a center for teaching and research and a university of a new type, embracing diverse branches of learning such as basic and applied sciences, social sciences and the humanities, the sciences of medicine, management, and education.
Peking University, also known as PKU and commonly referred to as Beida, is one of the top-ranked and most prestigious universities in China. Here is some information about Peking University:
- History and Reputation: Peking University was founded in 1898 as the Imperial University of Peking and later became Peking University in 1912. It is considered one of the oldest and most renowned universities in China. The university has consistently ranked among the top universities in China and is highly regarded globally for its academic excellence and research contributions.
- Academic Programs: Peking University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs across various fields of study. It has numerous schools and departments, including but not limited to the School of Government, Law School, Business School, School of International Studies, School of Life Sciences, School of Physics, and School of Medicine. The university places a strong emphasis on research and provides extensive opportunities for students to engage in scholarly work.
- Research and Innovation: Peking University is known for its significant contributions to research and innovation. It encourages interdisciplinary collaboration and has research institutes and centers dedicated to various fields, including social sciences, natural sciences, engineering, and humanities. The university has been involved in groundbreaking research in fields such as physics, chemistry, biology, computer science, economics, and more.
- Campus and Facilities: Peking University has a beautiful and sprawling campus located in the Haidian District of Beijing, China. The campus features both traditional Chinese architecture and modern facilities. It provides state-of-the-art research facilities, libraries, sports facilities, student dormitories, lecture halls, and various other amenities to support the academic and extracurricular needs of the students.
- Global Engagement: Peking University actively promotes international collaborations and exchanges. It has established partnerships with numerous universities and institutions worldwide, facilitating student exchanges, joint research projects, and faculty collaborations. The university also attracts a diverse community of international students, fostering a multicultural and global learning environment.
- Alumni Network: Peking University has a highly influential and accomplished alumni network. Many of its graduates have made significant contributions to various fields, including academia, politics, business, arts, and sciences. Peking University alumni have held prominent positions in government, played key roles in economic development, and contributed to cultural and societal advancements.
- Societal Contributions: Peking University has a strong commitment to social responsibility and actively contributes to society. It facilitates community outreach programs, undertakes social initiatives, and engages in public service activities. The university also promotes the values of civic engagement and encourages students to contribute positively to their communities.
- Cultural Heritage: Peking University has a rich cultural heritage and is associated with the May Fourth Movement, a significant intellectual and socio-cultural movement in early 20th-century China. The university has been a center for intellectual and political discourse, fostering critical thinking and encouraging students to question, challenge, and contribute to society.
In summary, Peking University is a prestigious institution known for its academic excellence, research capabilities, and cultural significance. With a diverse range of academic programs, a commitment to research and innovation, a global outlook, and a strong sense of social responsibility, Peking University has established itself as a leading institution in China and continues to make significant contributions to education, research, and society.
Address: 5 Yiheyuan Rd, Hai Dian Qu, Bei Jing Shi, China, 100871
Phone: +86 10 6275 1201