American North Carolina State University - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
North Carolina State University (NCSU) is a public research university located in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA. Established in 1887, it is the largest university in the state and is renowned for its focus on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields.
NC State is a land-grant institution, which means we have a duty to open the doors of education for everyone. We’re a Research 1 university, recognized worldwide for our big ideas and bigger impact. And we’re a public university — one that believes in community, equity, sharing what we learn and serving the greater good.
At NC State, you get all the opportunities and resources you’d expect from the largest university in North Carolina — without sacrificing the attention and care of a smaller school. And we’re consistently ranked as one of the best-value colleges in the country. When you start here, you can’t be stopped.
Here are some key features of North Carolina State University:
- Academics: NCSU offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in various disciplines, including engineering, agriculture, sciences, humanities, social sciences, business, education, design, and more. The university is committed to providing a high-quality education and emphasizes hands-on learning, research opportunities, and industry collaborations.
- Research and Innovation: NCSU is designated as a land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant institution, indicating its strong commitment to research and community engagement. The university conducts extensive research in areas such as engineering, agriculture, biotechnology, renewable energy, data science, healthcare, and more. NCSU actively supports entrepreneurship and innovation, fostering a vibrant culture of innovation and startups.
- STEM Focus: NCSU is widely recognized for its strength in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields. The College of Engineering, in particular, is highly regarded, consistently ranking among the top engineering schools in the country. The university also has strong programs in computer science, textiles, agriculture, veterinary medicine, and related disciplines.
- Campus and Facilities: NCSU’s main campus in Raleigh spans over 2,100 acres and features a mix of historic and modern buildings, state-of-the-art research facilities, and recreational spaces. Notable campus landmarks include the Belltower, Memorial Belltower, Hunt Library, Reynolds Coliseum, and the Gregg Museum of Art & Design.
- Athletics: NCSU competes in NCAA Division I athletics as a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC). The university’s sports teams, known as the Wolfpack, participate in various sports, including basketball, football, baseball, soccer, swimming, and more. NCSU has a strong athletic tradition and has achieved success in multiple sports.
- Community Engagement: NCSU is deeply engaged with the local community and strives to address real-world challenges through research and outreach programs. The university collaborates with government agencies, businesses, nonprofits, and other organizations, promoting economic development and knowledge exchange.
- Student Life: NCSU offers a vibrant and diverse student life experience. With over 700 student organizations and clubs, students can explore their interests, develop leadership skills, and build connections. The campus also hosts numerous events, performances, and cultural activities throughout the year, enhancing the overall college experience.
- Global Reach: NCSU values global perspectives and offers a variety of study abroad programs, research collaborations, and international initiatives. The university aims to prepare students to be global citizens in a rapidly evolving world.
North Carolina State University’s commitment to academic excellence, research, and community engagement has positioned it as a leading institution in STEM fields. It offers students a supportive and intellectually stimulating environment, equipping them with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in their chosen fields.
Address: Raleigh, North Carolina 27695, USA
Phone: 1 919-515-2011