American New York University (NYU) - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
Founded in 1831, New York University (NYU) has been an innovator in higher education, reaching out to an emerging middle class, embracing an urban identity and professional focus, and promoting a global vision within its 19 schools and colleges.
Today, that trailblazing spirit makes NYU one of the most prominent and respected research universities in the world, featuring top-ranked academic programs and accepting fewer than one-in-five undergraduates. Anchored in New York City and with degree-granting campuses in Abu Dhabi and Shanghai as well as 11 study away sites throughout the world, NYU is a leader in global education, with more international students and more students studying abroad than any other US university.
NYU students come from nearly every state and 133 countries, and the university draws upon the diverse backgrounds of our faculty, staff, and students, ensuring its scholarship and teaching benefit from a wide range of perspectives. NYU takes seriously its role as an engine of social mobility, and stands out among the top US universities in its representation of low-income and first-generation students within its community.
Among the largest private universities in the US, NYU provides a rigorous, demanding education to more than 50,000 students and undertakes nearly $1 billion in research annually. It counts among its faculty recipients of the highest scholarly honors and is a top producer of patents and revenue from licensing among US universities. NYU has a vast network of alumni who have gone on to succeed across professions throughout the world.
Here are some key features and highlights of New York University:
- Academic Excellence: NYU offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs across various disciplines. It consists of multiple schools and colleges, including the College of Arts and Science, Tisch School of the Arts, Stern School of Business, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development, and the School of Law. The university is known for its strong academic reputation, distinguished faculty, and innovative programs.
- Global Network: One unique aspect of NYU is its global presence. It has three degree-granting campuses in New York City, Abu Dhabi, and Shanghai. These campuses provide students with opportunities for global experiences and cross-cultural learning. Additionally, NYU has study abroad programs and partnerships with institutions around the world, further enriching its global network.
- Location: Situated in the heart of Manhattan, NYU offers students a vibrant and dynamic environment in one of the world’s most exciting cities. Students have access to a wealth of cultural events, internships, career opportunities, and exposure to a diverse population.
- Research and Innovation: NYU is a leading research institution, fostering a culture of innovation and scholarship. It is home to numerous research centers and institutes dedicated to advancing knowledge and addressing complex global issues. Students have the chance to engage in cutting-edge research alongside renowned faculty in various fields.
- Arts and Culture: NYU is well-known for its strong arts programs and its influence on the creative industries. The Tisch School of the Arts, for example, offers programs in film and television, dramatic writing, dance, theater, and more. The campus is often a hub for cultural events, performances, and exhibitions.
- Diversity and Inclusion: NYU prides itself on its commitment to diversity and inclusivity. It strives to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for students from all backgrounds, cultures, and identities. The university promotes diversity through its admissions practices, support services, and various student organizations.
- Social Responsibility: NYU emphasizes social responsibility and encourages students to engage in community service and social justice initiatives. The university offers numerous volunteering opportunities, civic engagement programs, and social impact initiatives to foster a spirit of giving back.
- Alumni Network: NYU has a vast and influential alumni network across the globe. As graduates, NYU alumni continue to excel in various fields, including business, academia, arts, politics, and more. The alumni network provides valuable connections and opportunities for current students and recent graduates.
In summary, New York University is a highly regarded institution known for its academic excellence, global engagement, cultural vibrancy, and commitment to social responsibility. Its location in New York City and diverse range of programs make it an attractive choice for students seeking a dynamic and enriching educational experience.
383 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10003 USA