American Miami University - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
Miami University, not to be confused with the University of Miami in Florida, is a public university located in Oxford, Ohio, USA.
Miami University, established in 1809, is ranked among the top national public universities in the U.S.. As an original Public Ivy, Miami provides Ivy League-quality education at a public school price with an exceptional return on investment. Miami is a place where ambitious students find their purpose and prepare for a lifetime of success.
Here is some information about Miami University:
- History and Founding: Miami University was chartered in 1809, making it one of the oldest public universities in the United States. It was named after the Miami Tribe, who inhabited the region. The university’s history is deeply rooted in its commitment to liberal arts education.
- Academic Programs: Miami University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs across various disciplines. It is well-known for its strong programs in business, education, engineering, social sciences, fine arts, and natural sciences. The university follows a strong liberal arts curriculum that encourages interdisciplinary learning and critical thinking.
- Campus: Miami University’s main campus is located in Oxford, a small college town known for its scenic beauty and historic charm. The campus features beautiful architecture, tree-lined pathways, and a vibrant campus community. Miami University also has regional campuses in Hamilton and Middletown, providing additional educational opportunities to students in those areas.
- Signature Programs: Miami University is known for several notable programs, including the Farmer School of Business, which offers highly regarded business education. The College of Education, Health, and Society prepares students for careers in education, health, and related fields. The College of Creative Arts offers programs in art, music, theatre, and architecture, fostering artistic expression and creativity.
- Research and Scholarship: While Miami University emphasizes undergraduate education, there are research opportunities available for students. The university supports faculty research and scholarship, which often involves student participation. Research centers and institutes at Miami University cover various fields, including humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, sustainability, and more.
- Campus Life: Miami University offers a vibrant campus life with numerous student organizations, clubs, and activities. Students can get involved in academic clubs, special interest groups, community service, and leadership development opportunities. The university also hosts cultural events, guest speakers, concerts, and performances, providing a rich campus experience.
- Athletics: Miami University competes in NCAA Division I sports as the Miami RedHawks. Athletics play a significant role in campus spirit and student life. The university offers a range of sports, including football, basketball, hockey, soccer, swimming, and many others. The RedHawks have had success in various sports and competitions.
- Campus Traditions: Miami University has several traditions that contribute to campus life and a sense of community. Notable traditions include the Miami Merger (an annual competition between freshmen and upperclassmen), the Miami University seal (walking on it brings bad luck), and the Miami Bucket List (a list of activities and experiences every student should complete during their time at the university).
- Rankings and Recognition: Miami University is consistently ranked as one of the top public universities in the United States. It is recognized for its commitment to undergraduate education, strong academic programs, and quality faculty. The Farmer School of Business and the College of Education, Health, and Society have received significant recognition for their respective programs.
Overall, Miami University offers a rich academic experience in a beautiful campus setting. With a focus on liberal arts education, strong academic programs, and a vibrant campus community, Miami University provides students with opportunities for intellectual growth, personal development, and a well-rounded college experience.
Address: 501 E High St, Oxford, Ohio 45056, USA
Phone: +1 513-529-1809