American Kansas State University (KSU) - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
The mission of Kansas State University is to foster excellent teaching, research, and service that develop a highly skilled and educated citizenry necessary to advancing the well-being of Kansas, the nation, and the international community. The university embraces diversity, encourages engagement and is committed to the discovery of knowledge, the education of undergraduate and graduate students, and improvement in the quality of life and standard of living of those we serve.
Through quality teaching, the university is committed to provide all students with opportunities to develop the knowledge, understanding, and skills characteristic of an educated person. It is also pledged to prepare students for successful employment or advanced studies through a variety of disciplinary and professional degree programs. To meet these intentions, the institution dedicates itself to providing academic and extracurricular learning experiences which promote and value both excellence and cultural diversity. K-State prepares its students to be informed, productive, and responsible citizens who actively participate in advancing cultural, educational, economic, scientific, and socio-political undertakings.
Kansas State University (KSU) is a public research university located in Manhattan, Kansas. It was established in 1863 and is the oldest public institution of higher education in the state of Kansas. Here are some key aspects of KSU:
Academic Programs: KSU offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields of study, including agriculture, business, engineering, architecture, education, arts and sciences, communications, human ecology, and more.
2. Research and Innovation: The university is known for its research and innovation initiatives, particularly in the fields of agriculture, animal health, engineering, and food science. KSU is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), which recognizes excellence in research and education.
3. Campus and Facilities: The KSU campus covers over 668 acres and is home to state-of-the-art facilities and buildings. Notable landmarks include Hale Library, McCain Auditorium, Bill Snyder Family Stadium, and the Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art.
4. Athletics: KSU’s athletic teams, known as the Kansas State Wildcats, compete in the NCAA Division I Big 12 Conference. The university has a strong sports culture, particularly in football and basketball, and has enjoyed success in these sports, with numerous conference championships and bowl game appearances.
5. Culture and Traditions: KSU has several unique traditions that contribute to its vibrant campus culture. These include the Wabash Cannonball, a chant performed at sporting events, and the ringing of the Victory Bell after a win. Homecoming and Fake Patty’s Day are popular annual events celebrated by students and alumni.
6. Student Life: With a diverse student body, KSU provides a range of student organizations, clubs, and activities to cater to different interests and passions. Students can engage in leadership opportunities, community service, cultural organizations, and more.
7. Community Engagement: KSU plays an active role in the local community through various outreach programs, research collaborations, and partnerships. The university has a strong focus on agricultural research, extension services, and supporting economic development in the region.
In summary, Kansas State University is a well-regarded institution that combines academic excellence, research, athletic success, and a strong campus culture. It offers a wide array of programs and opportunities for students to succeed academically, socially, and professionally.
Address: Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Phone: 1 785-532-6011