American Fordham University - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
Fordham University is a private research university located in New York City, with campuses in the Bronx, Manhattan, and Westchester County.
Fordham University is a Jesuit, Catholic university. Our spirit comes from the nearly 500-year history of the Jesuits. It’s the spirit of full-hearted engagement—with profound ideas, with communities around the world, with injustice, with beauty, with the entirety of the human experience. As the Jesuit University of New York, we seek and attract bright, engaged students from every corner of the Earth—and welcome them into a community where they develop the intelligence and integrity to make the world a better place.
We’re a tight community in New York City, and we value and educate the whole person. Much of our Jesuit history and mission comes down to three ideas, which, translated from the Latin, mean roughly this:
- Strive for excellence in everything you do.
- Care for others.
- Fight for justice.
It adds up to an education that works.
Wisdom, experience, morality, critical thinking, creative problem-solving. This is what Fordham students take into the world.
Here are some key highlights about Fordham University:
- History and Reputation: Fordham University was founded in 1841 and is one of the oldest Catholic universities in the northeastern United States. It is known for its academic rigor, commitment to social justice, and Jesuit traditions of education. Fordham consistently ranks among the top universities in the nation.
- Academics: Fordham University offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs across various disciplines. It has 10 schools and colleges, including the Fordham College at Rose Hill, Gabelli School of Business, School of Law, Graduate School of Education, and School of Social Service. The university is renowned for its programs in business, law, communication, the arts, and social sciences.
- Campuses: Fordham University has three campuses – Rose Hill in the Bronx, Lincoln Center in Manhattan, and Westchester in West Harrison. Each campus offers a unique experience, from the traditional collegiate atmosphere at Rose Hill to the vibrant urban setting at Lincoln Center. The Westchester campus primarily serves graduate and professional programs.
- Jesuit Tradition and Values: Fordham University is guided by the Jesuit tradition of education, emphasizing intellectual exploration, values-based learning, and service to others. The university encourages students to develop critical thinking skills, engage in ethical reasoning, and contribute to society.
- Research and Scholarship: Fordham University is a research-intensive institution with several research centers and institutes. Students and faculty engage in research across disciplines, including STEM fields, social sciences, humanities, and the arts. The university promotes interdisciplinary collaboration and supports students’ involvement in research and scholarship.
- Campus Life: Fordham University offers a vibrant campus life with a wide range of student organizations, clubs, and activities. Students can participate in academic, cultural, artistic, and athletic pursuits. The university also hosts various events, lectures, and performances to enrich the student experience.
- Community Engagement: Fordham University is committed to community engagement and social justice. The university encourages students to be active members of their communities through service-learning, volunteerism, and advocacy. Fordham’s location in New York City provides numerous opportunities for students to engage with diverse communities and address social issues.
Fordham University is known for its academic excellence, commitment to social justice, and its location in one of the world’s most dynamic cities. It provides a well-rounded education that combines intellectual growth, personal development, and a sense of social responsibility.
Fordham University Website
Address: Bronx, NY 10458, USA
Phone: 1 718-817-1000