American California State University – Fullerton (CSUF) - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
California State University Fullerton (CSUF) is a public university located in Fullerton, California, United States. It was founded in 1957 and is part of the California State University system.
Cal State Fullerton is a leading campus of the CSU, serving as an intellectual and cultural center for Southern California and driver of workforce and economic development. We are an emerging national model for supporting student success through innovative high-impact educational and co-curricular experiences, including faculty-student collaborative research.
Here’s some information about the university:
- Programs and Academics: CSUF offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields of study. It has eight colleges, including the College of Business and Economics, College of Engineering and Computer Science, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Health and Human Development, and more. The university offers over 110 undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Campus: The main campus of CSUF covers 236 acres and is located in Fullerton, which is in Orange County, Southern California. It features modern buildings, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, libraries, and student centers. The campus also includes athletic facilities, recreational spaces, and residence halls.
- Diversity and Inclusion: CSUF is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community. It celebrates diversity through various initiatives, programs, and student organizations. The university promotes equal opportunity, access, and success for all students, faculty, and staff.
- Research and Innovation: CSUF is a designated Carnegie doctoral-granting institution and offers opportunities for research and scholarly activities. The university encourages faculty and students to engage in research across disciplines, and various research centers and institutes support these efforts.
- Student Life: CSUF provides a vibrant student life with numerous student organizations, clubs, and extracurricular activities. It offers a wide range of student services, including career counseling, academic support, health services, and housing options. The university also hosts cultural events, guest lectures, and performances to enrich student experiences.
- Athletics: CSUF’s athletic teams are known as the Titans and compete in the NCAA Division I Big West Conference. The university has programs in various sports, including baseball, basketball, soccer, softball, and more. The athletic teams have a strong following, and games are held at different sports facilities on campus.
- Notable Alumni: CSUF boasts a notable alumni network, with graduates making significant contributions in various fields. Notable alumni include actress Eva Mendes, singer Gwen Stefani, filmmaker James Cameron, journalist Katie Couric, entrepreneur Mark Groussman, and many more successful professionals across industries.
Overall, California State University Fullerton provides a comprehensive education, encourages research and innovation, celebrates diversity, and offers a vibrant student life. It prepares students for successful careers and lifelong learning while promoting engagement with the local community.
California State University, Fullerton
Office of Admissions
800 N State College Blvd
Langsdorf Hall Room 111
Fullerton, CA, USA 92831