American California State Polytechnic University – Pomona - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) is a public polytechnic university located in Pomona, California. It was founded in 1938 and is one of the 23 campuses of the California State University system.
California State Polytechnic University – Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) is among the best public universities in the West and is nationally ranked for helping students achieve economic success. As an inclusive polytechnic university, we cultivate success through experiential learning, discovery and innovation. Our graduates are ready to succeed in the professional world on Day 1.
Faculty in all disciplines put theory to practice, providing students with opportunities to apply their knowledge in hands-on projects, research collaborations, and valuable internship and service-learning programs.
Our history and geography are unlike any other university in the region. Nowhere else can students ride an Arabian horse, practice on a Steinway piano, bring a new product to market, and build a liquid-fueled rocket.
Here are some key points about Cal Poly Pomona:
- Academics: Cal Poly Pomona offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in various fields such as engineering, business, agriculture, science, arts, and more. They have a strong emphasis on hands-on experiential learning and integrating theory with practice.
- Polytechnic Focus: As a polytechnic university, Cal Poly Pomona emphasizes practical skills and applied knowledge. Students engage in project-based learning, cooperative education, internships, and collaborations with industry partners to develop real-world skills.
- Campus: The campus spans over 1,400 acres and features a blend of modern architecture and picturesque landscapes. Notable landmarks include the CLA Building, the Bronco Student Center, and the Arabian Horse Center. The campus is known for its beautiful rose gardens and the W.K. Kellogg Arabian Horse Center.
- Cal Poly Pomona Broncos: The university’s athletic teams compete as the Cal Poly Pomona Broncos in the NCAA Division II. They participate in various sports such as basketball, baseball, soccer, volleyball, and track and field.
- Polytechnic Advantage: Cal Poly Pomona students benefit from small class sizes and personalized attention from faculty, as well as numerous opportunities for internships, research, and co-op experiences. The university has strong industry connections, which often leads to employment opportunities for graduates.
- Notable Programs: Some popular programs at Cal Poly Pomona include engineering (particularly civil, electrical, and mechanical), business administration, hospitality management, agriculture, computer science, and landscape architecture.
Overall, Cal Poly Pomona is known for its hands-on education, strong ties to industry, and a supportive learning environment. The university consistently ranks among the top public universities in the Western United States.
Address: 3801 W Temple Ave, Pomona, CA 91768, USA
Phone: 1 909-869-7659