American Brigham Young University (BYU) - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
Brigham Young University (BYU) is a private research university located in Provo, Utah, United States.
The mission of Brigham Young University — founded, supported, and guided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — is to assist individuals in their quest for perfection and eternal life. A BYU education should be spiritually strengthening, intellectually enlarging, and character building, leading to lifelong learning and service.
Here’s some information about the university:
- Religious Affiliation: BYU is owned and operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). It is one of the largest religious universities in the United States and follows the teachings and principles of the LDS Church in its educational approach.
- Academics: BYU offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields of study. It has 10 colleges, including the College of Humanities, College of Engineering, College of Family, Home, and Social Sciences, and more. The university offers over 180 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs.
- Honor Code: BYU has a strict Honor Code that sets guidelines and standards for students. It includes requirements such as abiding by the honor code values, adhering to a dress and grooming code, refraining from alcohol, tobacco, and drugs, and maintaining high moral standards. All students are expected to live in accordance with these standards.
- Campus: The main campus of BYU covers a large area in Provo, Utah, and provides a beautiful and scenic environment. It features modern buildings, libraries, research facilities, recreational spaces, and residence halls. The campus also offers various amenities for students, including dining options, athletic facilities, and cultural centers.
- Diversity: While BYU is affiliated with the LDS Church and has a predominantly LDS student body, efforts are made to create an inclusive environment for students from diverse backgrounds. The university welcomes students of any religious affiliation or belief system and strives to provide a supportive and welcoming community.
- Research and Scholarship: BYU is known for its emphasis on research and scholarship. Faculty and students engage in a wide range of research activities, and the university has several research centers and institutes that support these endeavors. BYU also encourages student involvement in research projects, providing valuable hands-on experiences.
- Athletics: BYU’s athletic teams are known as the Cougars and compete in the NCAA Division I as part of the West Coast Conference. The university has a strong athletic tradition and participates in various sports, including football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, and more. BYU’s teams have achieved success on both the national and conference levels.
- Notable Alumni: BYU has a notable alumni network, with graduates making significant contributions in various fields. Notable alumni include businessman and philanthropist Jon Huntsman Sr., novelist Stephenie Meyer, sportscaster Greg Wrubell, writer Orson Scott Card, and many more successful individuals across industries.
Overall, Brigham Young University provides a comprehensive education with a strong emphasis on moral and spiritual values. It prepares students for successful careers while instilling a sense of personal integrity and service. BYU offers a vibrant campus life, quality academics, and a supportive community, making it a sought-after institution for students seeking a well-rounded education.
Address: Provo, UT 84602, USA
Phone: 1 801-422-4636