New Zealand Auckland University of Technology (AUT) - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
Auckland University of Technology (AUT)’s mission is to create great graduates, and each member of our staff contributes to this. We offer exceptional learning experiences that prepare students to be successful wherever in the world their career may take them.
Study with us and you can enrol in our range of world-ranked subjects, which include our highly ranked health programs and one of the world’s best sport science schools.
Across all of our programs, we encourage innovation and entrepreneurship, and the ability to explore new technologies, challenge routine thinking and solve problems in new ways. We embrace new technologies to lead the learning of tomorrow and prepare our students for the rapidly changing world. As a contemporary university we also place an emphasis on working across disciplines in our research, and teaching and learning.
Thanks to our innovative teaching, excellent reputation and combination of theoretical and practical learning, AUT graduates are highly favoured by employers.
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is a leading public university located in Auckland, New Zealand. Here is some information about AUT:
- Academic Programs: AUT offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs across various disciplines. It has faculties and schools in areas like Business, Communication Studies, Design and Creative Technologies, Health and Environmental Sciences, Te Ara Poutama (Māori/Pacific Development), and Law. AUT is known for its strength in fields such as business, engineering, computer science, health sciences, media, design, and communications.
- Research Focus: AUT is a research-intensive university, known for its innovative research projects and collaborations. It emphasizes applied research with a strong connection to industry, government, and community partners. AUT’s research strengths include health and biomedical sciences, engineering, computer science, social sciences, creative arts, business, and design.
- Campuses and Facilities: AUT has three campuses in Auckland: City Campus, North Campus, and South Campus. The City Campus is located in the heart of Auckland’s central business district, while the North and South campuses are situated in Northcote and Manukau respectively. The university’s campuses have state-of-the-art facilities, including modern libraries, research centers, computer labs, studios, and specialized facilities for disciplines such as engineering, health sciences, design, and media.
- Internationalization: AUT is an internationally focused institution with a diverse student population from more than 140 countries. It has strong connections with international universities, organizations, and industry partners, promoting global collaboration, student exchanges, and research collaborations. AUT’s international outlook is reflected in its multicultural campus environment and global perspective in teaching and research.
- Industry Connections and Employability: AUT maintains close ties with industry partners, government agencies, and professional organizations. This collaboration ensures that the university’s programs remain relevant and aligned with industry needs. Many AUT programs offer industry internships, cooperative education opportunities, and work-integrated learning experiences. The university’s strong industry connections enhance graduate employability and provide students with practical skills and networking opportunities.
- Technology and Innovation: As the name suggests, AUT places a strong emphasis on technology and innovation in its programs and research. It promotes the use of cutting-edge technologies and embraces emerging trends to prepare students for the evolving job market. AUT has dedicated innovation spaces and initiatives, fostering entrepreneurship and supporting students and researchers in converting their ideas into practical solutions.
- Student Support: AUT is committed to providing comprehensive student support services. It offers academic advising, counseling, health and wellbeing services, disability support, career development guidance, and support for international students. The university also has various clubs, sports teams, and recreational activities, providing students with opportunities to engage in extracurricular activities and meet like-minded peers.
- Sustainability and Social Responsibility: AUT is dedicated to sustainability and social responsibility, aiming to minimize its environmental impact and contribute to the community. The university has initiatives related to sustainable operations, waste reduction, energy efficiency, and community engagement. It places importance on ethical practices and social awareness within its teaching, research, and campus operations.
In summary, Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is a prestigious institution that offers a diverse range of programs and research opportunities. With its strong industry connections, focus on technology and innovation, and commitment to student support, AUT prepares its graduates for successful careers and equips them to contribute to society. The university’s international outlook and vibrant campus life attract students from around the world, creating a culturally diverse and stimulating learning environment.
AUCKLAND UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
Te Wānanga Aronui o Tāmaki Makau Rau
AUT CITY CAMPUS
55 Wellesley Street East
AUT NORTH CAMPUS
90 Akoranga Drive
AUT SOUTH CAMPUS
640 Great South Road,