American Syracuse University - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
Syracuse University is a private research university located in Syracuse, New York, United States. Founded in 1870, it is one of the oldest and most respected universities in the country.
With 13 schools and colleges, 200 customizable majors and 100 minors, and online degrees and certificates, Syracuse University provides limitless educational pathways. New interdisciplinary areas ranging from social justice and artificial intelligence to energy and environment provide hands-on research experiences that broaden perspectives and prepare students for the careers of tomorrow. Syracuse University has five award-winning study abroad centers and international programs in 60 countries to choose from where our students gain global perspectives that last a lifetime.
There are nearly 22,000 students from all over the world taking part in clubs, athletics and gatherings of all kinds. With over 300 student organizations, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to explore interests, pursue passions and engage with the Syracuse University community.
Being Orange is about more than just a color, a place or a degree. It embodies a lifelong connection to a global network of innovators, thinkers and creative solution finders. Syracuse University students and alumni celebrate tradition, connections and being part of something bigger. You’ll be part of a network that helps you discover new paths forward and stays with you, wherever your path takes you.
Here are some key highlights about Syracuse University:
- Academic Programs: Syracuse University offers a wide range of academic programs across various disciplines. It has 13 schools and colleges, including the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Architecture, School of Education, College of Engineering and Computer Science, and Martin J. Whitman School of Management. The university is well-known for strong programs in communications, business, engineering, and the arts.
- Campus: The main campus of Syracuse University is situated on 708 acres in the University Hill neighborhood of Syracuse. The campus features a mix of historic and modern buildings and is known for its beautiful architecture. Additionally, Syracuse University has a presence in major cities like New York City, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C., providing students with additional learning opportunities.
- Athletics: Syracuse University athletics teams, known as the Orange, compete in NCAA Division I sports. Notably, the men’s basketball team has a storied history and has won multiple national championships. The university also participates in various other sports, including football, lacrosse, soccer, and field hockey.
- Research: Syracuse University is classified as a high research activity institution. It has a number of research centers and institutes that focus on diverse fields such as cybersecurity, environmental science and sustainability, social sciences, public policy, and neuroscience. The university encourages faculty and students to engage in research and innovation across disciplines.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Syracuse University values diversity and inclusion and is committed to creating an inclusive campus environment. The university actively promotes diversity initiatives, supports underrepresented student groups, and offers multicultural programs and services.
- Student Life: Syracuse University offers a vibrant student life with numerous student organizations, clubs, and activities. Students can participate in academic, social, cultural, and recreational activities, fostering a well-rounded college experience. The university is also known for its extracurricular programs like drama, arts and music, and community service.
- Campus Traditions: Syracuse University has several beloved campus traditions. One notable tradition is the annual “Orange Central” celebration, a week-long event that brings together alumni, students, and the broader Syracuse community. Another cherished tradition is “Mayfest,” a day of outdoor concerts and festivities held at the end of the academic year.
Syracuse University is recognized for its academic excellence, commitment to research, diverse community, and active campus life.
Address: Syracuse, NY, USA
Phone: 1 315-443-1870