American Utah Valley University (UVU) - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
Utah Valley University (UVU) is a public university located in Orem, Utah, USA. Established in 1941, it has grown from a small junior college to the largest public university in Utah by enrollment.
Utah Valley University is one of a few in the nation offering a dual-mission model that combines the rigor and richness of a first-rate teaching university with the openness and vocational programs of a community college. The unique model, which focuses on student success, engaged learning, rigorous academic programs, and faculty-mentored research, is transforming higher education by making it more affordable and accessible to students of all backgrounds.
Utah Valley University is an integrated university and community college that educates every student for success in work and life through excellence in engaged teaching, services, and scholarship.
Here is some information about Utah Valley University:
- Academics: Utah Valley University offers a wide range of academic programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The university is organized into several colleges, including the College of Science, College of Health and Public Service, College of Engineering and Technology, Woodbury School of Business, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, School of Education, and School of the Arts. UVU strives to provide relevant and practical education to its students, preparing them for successful careers in their chosen fields.
- Focus on Career and Technical Education: UVU is particularly known for its strong emphasis on career and technical education. The university offers a variety of certificate programs, associate degrees, and bachelor’s degrees in fields such as business, healthcare, information technology, trades, aviation, culinary arts, and more. Many of these programs have partnerships with industry leaders that provide students with real-world experience and opportunities for internships and job placements.
- Applied Learning and Engagement: UVU places a strong emphasis on applied learning and engagement. Students are encouraged to participate in hands-on, experiential learning opportunities, internships, research projects, and community service. The university’s Entrepreneurship Institute and Center for Professional and Continuing Education support students and community members in developing entrepreneurial skills and fostering economic growth.
- Campus and Facilities: UVU’s main campus is spread over 228 acres in Orem, Utah. The campus features modern facilities, including state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, studios, and performance spaces. Notable facilities include the Science Building, Browning Center for the Performing Arts, Woodbury Business Building, Culinary Arts Institute, and a newly built Digital Learning Center. The campus also offers residence halls, dining options, recreational facilities, and a library.
- Community Engagement: UVU is deeply involved in the local community and strives to be a catalyst for positive change. The university partners with local businesses, organizations, and government agencies to address community needs and foster economic development. UVU’s Community and Continuing Education program provides lifelong learning opportunities for community members, including professional development courses, cultural events, and recreational activities.
- Athletics: UVU’s athletic teams, known as the Wolverines, compete at the NCAA Division I level in the Western Athletic Conference. The university offers a variety of sports, including basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball, softball, golf, and cross country. Athletes at UVU are known for their competitive spirit and dedication to both academics and athletics.
- Student Life: UVU offers a vibrant and inclusive student life experience. The university has numerous student organizations and clubs in various interests and disciplines, allowing students to pursue their passions and connect with like-minded individuals. UVU also hosts a wide range of student events, including concerts, performances, cultural celebrations, and leadership development programs.
Utah Valley University’s commitment to practical education, community engagement, and career-focused programs makes it a popular choice for students seeking hands-on learning experiences and career preparation. The university provides a supportive and diverse environment that encourages students to explore their interests, develop their talents, and make a positive impact in their communities.
Address: 800 West University Parkway, Orem, Utah USA 84058
Telephone: (801) 863-8888