American Utah State University (USU) - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
Utah State University (USU) is a public research university located in Logan, Utah, USA. Established in 1888, it is the largest public residential campus in the state and is known for its strong programs in agricultural and natural resources, engineering, business, education, and health sciences.
We started out as an agricultural college in 1888. That’s why they branded us Aggies. No matter where you live, or who you are, Utah State University is built for all. We are innovators, and doers. A University For All.
The mission of Utah State University is to be one of the nation’s premier student-centered land-grant and space-grant universities by fostering the principle that academics come first, by cultivating diversity of thought and culture, and by serving the public through learning, discovery and engagement.
Here are some key features of Utah State University:
- Academics: Utah State University offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs across various fields of study. The university has eight colleges, including colleges of agriculture and applied sciences, business, education and human services, engineering, humanities and social sciences, science, the School of Graduate Studies, and the School of Graduate and Professional Studies. USU emphasizes hands-on learning and experiential education, providing students with the knowledge and skills needed for success in their careers.
- Research and Innovation: USU is designated as a research university with high research activity (R2) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. The university is recognized for its research in areas such as agriculture, natural resources, water management, robotics, aerospace, education, psychology, health sciences, and more. USU is home to several research centers and institutes that facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration and innovative research projects.
- Outdoor Programs and Recreation: Utah State University is located in a picturesque setting near the Bear River Mountains. The university takes advantage of its natural surroundings and offers extensive outdoor programs and recreational opportunities. Students can participate in activities such as hiking, camping, rock climbing, skiing, and biking. USU has an Outdoor Recreation Program that organizes trips, provides equipment rental, and offers instructional courses.
- Campus and Facilities: USU’s main campus is spread over 400 acres in Logan and features a mix of historic and modern buildings. Notable facilities include the Merrill-Cazier Library, which houses extensive resources and research materials, the Agricultural Sciences Building, the Engineering Building, the George S. Eccles Conference Center, and the Taggart Student Center. The campus also offers amenities such as student housing, dining options, recreational facilities, and health services.
- Athletics: The Utah State Aggies, the athletic teams of USU, compete in NCAA Division I as part of the Mountain West Conference. The university offers a variety of sports, including football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, track and field, and more. The Aggies have a strong athletic tradition and have enjoyed success in various sports.
- Extension Programs: USU has an Extension program that serves the community and provides educational resources and services in areas such as agriculture, family and consumer sciences, natural resources, community development, and 4-H youth programs. The Extension program extends the university’s expertise beyond the campus, supporting outreach efforts and promoting economic and community development.
- Student Life: Utah State University offers a vibrant student life experience. With over 200 student organizations and clubs, students have ample opportunities to get involved, pursue their interests, and connect with like-minded individuals. The university also hosts numerous events, concerts, guest speakers, and cultural activities throughout the year.
- Community Engagement: USU is committed to community engagement and actively collaborates with local organizations and businesses. Students are encouraged to participate in service-learning projects and community service initiatives. The university aims to foster a sense of civic responsibility among its students and contribute to the betterment of the local community.
Utah State University’s focus on academic excellence, research, and engagement positions it as a prominent institution. It provides students with a supportive and stimulating environment, preparing them to make significant contributions to their fields of study and society as a whole.
Address: Old Main Hill,Logan, Utah USA 84322
Telephone: (435) 797-1000