American University of Oregon - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
The University of Oregon has long served as an agent of change and innovation. For more than a century, we’ve grown along with our state and region. Through it all, we’ve been steadfast in our focus on the future. A place for big ideas, we push the boundaries of knowledge and prepare our students for fulfilling, impactful careers and lives.
The University of Oregon (UO) is a public research university located in Eugene, Oregon, USA. Founded in 1876, it is one of the oldest universities on the West Coast and is a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), which is an esteemed organization of leading research universities in North America.
Here are some key points about the University of Oregon:
1. Academic Programs: The University of Oregon offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs across various disciplines. Some of its notable academic areas include arts and sciences, business, education, journalism and communication, law, architecture, music, and the sciences.
2. Campus and Facilities: The university’s main campus is located in Eugene and spans over 295 acres. It features a mix of modern and historic buildings, open spaces, and recreational facilities. The UO campus is known for its scenic beauty, nestled in the Willamette Valley and surrounded by lush greenery.
3. Sports and Athletics: The University of Oregon has a strong athletic tradition and is a member of the Pac-12 Conference in NCAA Division I sports. The university’s athletic teams are known as the Oregon Ducks, and they have a passionate fan base. The football program, in particular, has gained national recognition.
4. Research and Innovation: UO is a prominent research institution, conducting research in various fields. It is home to numerous research centers and institutes that focus on areas such as environmental studies, neuroscience, sustainable practices, and more.
5. Sustainability: The University of Oregon places a strong emphasis on sustainability and environmental responsibility. It has been recognized for its commitment to green practices and sustainable campus initiatives.
6. Eugene and Community Engagement: Eugene, the city where UO is located, is known for its vibrant arts and cultural scene, as well as its outdoor recreational opportunities. The university actively engages with the local community through various outreach programs and partnerships.
7. Notable Alumni: The University of Oregon has produced many successful alumni who have excelled in their respective fields. Some notable alumni include Phil Knight (co-founder of Nike), Ann Curry (journalist), Ken Kesey (author), and Dan Wieden (co-founder of advertising agency Wieden+Kennedy).
8. Campus Life: UO offers a diverse and enriching campus life, with numerous student organizations, clubs, and activities. Students have access to a wide range of resources and support services to enhance their academic and personal development.
Address: 1585 E 13th Ave, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Phone: 1 541-346-1000