American University of Houston (UH) - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
The University of Houston (UH) is a public research university located in Houston, Texas, USA. At the University of Houston (UH), you’ll find a college experience that will transform your future to what you envision. Our nationally-ranked programs drive students to discover the multitude of academic resources that are available on-campus and online while our student-run organizations and athletics have something for everyone and connect students in authentic Coog culture. Volunteerism and community service are also a big part of UH’s commitment to engage students directly with local centers and nonprofits. We are Houston’s University.
At the University of Houston, we spur innovation by encouraging the very spark of an idea to the transfer of knowledge and technology. The UH innovation ecosystem has a rich history of advancing Houston’s innovation economy.
More than 5,000 Houston companies conduct business abroad. UH supports the city’s international reach as a top producer of Fulbright U.S. Students. UH Fulbrighters travel the world, gaining experiences they can contribute to the city’s workforce and its global impact.
Here is some information about the University of Houston:
- Academics: The University of Houston offers a wide range of academic programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The university is organized into several colleges and schools, including the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Cullen College of Engineering, Bauer College of Business, Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management, and Law Center. UH is known for its strong programs in business, engineering, education, architecture, and the arts.
- Research: UH is designated as a Tier One research university by the Carnegie Foundation. The university is involved in various research endeavors across disciplines, including energy, health, education, technology, and more. UH researchers have made significant contributions in fields such as biomedical engineering, space physics, petroleum engineering, and superconductors. The university promotes research opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Campus and Facilities: The University of Houston has a sprawling campus spanning over 667 acres. The campus features modern facilities, including state-of-the-art research labs, classrooms, libraries, performance venues, and athletic facilities. Notable facilities include the M.D. Anderson Library, Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design building, Cullen Performance Hall, and TDECU Stadium.
- Diversity and Inclusion: UH is known for its diverse student body and commitment to inclusivity. The university welcomes students from all backgrounds and fosters a supportive and inclusive environment. UH embraces diversity through various initiatives, student organizations, and cultural centers that celebrate different cultures, beliefs, and perspectives.
- Athletics: The University of Houston’s athletic teams, known as the Cougars, compete at the NCAA Division I level in the American Athletic Conference. UH has a proud athletic tradition and excels in several sports, including football, basketball, track and field, golf, swimming, and soccer. The university has won numerous conference championships and has produced many successful professional athletes.
- Student Life: UH offers a vibrant and active student life experience. The university has over 400 student organizations and clubs, allowing students to connect with others who share similar interests or passions. UH also hosts various events, activities, and cultural programs throughout the year. The university’s campus recreation center provides fitness facilities, intramural sports, and outdoor adventure programs for students.
- Community Engagement: UH is deeply involved in the local community and emphasizes community engagement. The university partners with businesses, organizations, and government agencies to address social, economic, and environmental challenges in Houston and beyond. UH students are encouraged to participate in service-learning and volunteer opportunities to make a positive impact in the community.
The University of Houston’s strong academic programs, commitment to research, diverse community, and vibrant student life make it an attractive choice for students seeking a comprehensive education and a supportive environment. The university’s location in a major metropolitan area offers unique opportunities for internships, networking, and career advancement.
Address: Houston, TX, USA
Phone: +1 713-743-2255