American University of Alabama (UA) - University Ranking
University Description (Ranking at bottom)
The University of Alabama (UA) is a public research university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA. Established in 1831, it is the flagship university of the state and one of the oldest and largest universities in Alabama.
Our beautiful, 1,200-acre campus has everything you need to be successful during your college years. Be energized through leading-edge research initiatives and state-of-the-art labs. Be inspired by professors who are experts in their fields of study. Be active in campus life through one of more than 600 student organizations. Be involved in a wide range of volunteer opportunities and internships.
Connect with what’s important to you.
Here are some key points about the University of Alabama:
- Academic Programs: The university offers more than 200 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs across a wide range of disciplines. It comprises 13 academic colleges, including the Culverhouse College of Business, College of Engineering, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Communication and Information Sciences, and School of Law.
- Research: The University of Alabama is classified as a Research University with very high research activity by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. It conducts extensive research across a broad spectrum of areas, including engineering, health sciences, social sciences, and humanities.
- Athletics: The university’s athletic programs are known as the Alabama Crimson Tide and compete in the Southeastern Conference (SEC). UA has a strong tradition of athletics, particularly in football, which is highly popular across the state. The Crimson Tide has won numerous national championships in football and has successful programs in other sports as well.
- Campus and Facilities: UA’s main campus is spread over 1,000 acres and features a mix of historic and modern buildings. Some notable facilities include the Gorgas Library, Ferguson Center (student union), Coleman Coliseum (for athletic events), Bryant-Denny Stadium (football), and the state-of-the-art Science and Engineering Complex.
- Honors College: The university has an Honors College that offers enriched academic experiences to high-achieving students. The Honors College provides small class sizes, specialized courses, research opportunities, and close faculty mentoring.
- Student Life: The University of Alabama has a vibrant campus life with numerous student organizations, clubs, and activities to get involved in. The campus boasts cultural and recreational facilities, including performing arts centers, museums, student recreation centers, and outdoor spaces.
- Enrollment and Rankings: The University of Alabama has a large student population, with over 38,000 undergraduates and more than 8,000 graduate students. It consistently ranks highly among public universities in the United States and is recognized for its academic programs, student engagement, and research output.
- Community Engagement: UA has a strong commitment to community engagement by actively partnering with local organizations and contributing to the economic and social development of the region. It offers various community service programs, internships, and cooperative education opportunities.
Overall, the University of Alabama is a renowned institution offering a wide range of academic programs, conducting impactful research, and providing a vibrant and engaging campus experience. It is known for its academic excellence, strong athletic programs, and contributions to the community.
Address: Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35487, USA
Phone: +1 205-348-6010